What is Employability?
- Possession of competencies that will allow an individual to be productive and help others be productive in an entry level work environment
- Traits, characteristics, skills and attitudes sought after by employers
- Made up of 5 areas (62 competencies):
- Communication (11 competencies)
- Interpersonal (10 competencies)
- Self-Management (23 competencies)
- Technical (9 competencies)
- Technological (9 competencies)
Employability skills are critical for successfully obtaining and maintaining employment!!